Saturday, October 15, 2011

Busy Serenity—The Art Of Letting Go!


Thank God.
Well...this week has been draining yet at the same time amazing. I love the feeling of accomplishment at the end of a long day. School offered me a challenge this week but I managed to finish gracefully because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I love love love college! I have such a passion for what God has presented me with. I had gone to public school my whole life but I honestly have to say that I love College way more. I like the long walks to class early in the morning and the sense of freedom in the air as I walk to the library or to my favorite place: the Arts and Humanities building. Every day during my lunch break I grab a little snack and then make my way toward a desk in the corner and start typing or studying away.

*~*~*

The biggest news for this week is that God totally opened my eyes into a different career...it's still in the Rehabilitation branch though. I originally wanted to be an architect in high school but then God led me into the path of Occupational Therapy. I prayed for so long until I finally just said, "You know what God? I trust you and I'm just gonna let you guide me and take me where you want to take me. Just point me to the door." He keeps opening those doors for me and on Friday, I just walked through another one. After my mid-morning American Heritage class I walked on over to this Major's Fair that the school was throwing in the university ballroom.

*~*~*

For a good while I'd been feeling this burning calling within me towards some form of counseling career, but I knew for sure I didn't want to be a Psychologist. I let God be God. He pointed me into the direction of the Rehab booth and I began to converse with this really nice man about what I was majoring in and the type of job I wanted. He began to say that their was a certain rehab field I could specialize in called Addiction Studies. It was perfect...this was the answer to months of prayer.

God willing, I hope to first get my bachelors in Rehab and then after those four years get my masters in Addiction Studies so that I can become an Addiction/Rehab Counselor for teens. I don't know what God has in store for me later on in the future but all I know is that my life is in good hands. I trust you Lord...with everything!

*~*~*

Psalmist school, or as we say here in the valley, Escuela de Salmistas, was great! I sang a different song this time and the prof. helped me get in touch with my soulful middle voice. My advice to anyone is: first pray...and then get out there! The world goes beyond our own homes or even the front gate, and if we don't take the time to discover it, we'll be missing out on the things God has in store for us. Next time a friend invites you to eat, just Go! Next time you're invited to someone else's youth group...Go! You never know what type of special blessings God has in store for you if you don't leave the comfort of your room. The Lord's message needs to be spread and it begins with us...(Romans 10:14) But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?  If there's one thing I've learned it's that BIG things happen when we get down on our knees and PRAY. Thank you Jesus. I will sing of your love forever. And that's exactly what I'm going to do in a little bit...worship. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...