Saturday, October 1, 2011

Discovering Me


Rain: so beautiful and gentle .
I've always thought that when it rains, it means that God's tears are whipping the dirt off the earth . I tend to view things with a touch of symbolism . Has anyone else noticed the fresh and clean smell after it rains? I compare this to how our sins were just poured on over Christ . The rain is a gift from our father up above who just reminds us that His son paid the price so that our sins could be washed away, just like the rain water drags away all excess waste down the sewage drains .

Just yesterday I felt like God washed away so many things that had been bothering me . For a second, (OK more than a second) I had forgotten who I was in Christ . I had gotten so caught up on what people say and think of me that I lost sight of how special I am to God . I just learned that this happens when the enemy wants to rob your identity and leave you feeling like your dreams and the promises God has for you are a lie . After the people I love reminded me of this, well... of course I had to change a few things about my outlook on my situation . Number one, I have to get my confidence back...and number two...I definitely have to keep praising God no matter what anyone else thinks . How to do this? First of all so much prayer and secondly I need to get out there and stop being shy . I mean, God didn't give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7) . In fact, on Thursday my mom invited me to a prayer group with her but I had said no because I had just gotten out of college and I wanted to rest . Well it turns out that all of a sudden I felt God just tug at my heart and say that He had something waiting for me at that very place . I called my mom for the address, got in the car, and drove like my life depended on it . When God wants you to do something you don't ask you just go, knowing He has something special for you . Once there, I sat down while they prayed for every single person. And by the end, Daniel (my boyfriend) and I got to sing and play "su gloria esta aqui" by En Espiritu y en Verdad. But wait folks, that wasn't the surprise. No no, the surprise that God had in store for me was that after the meeting ended a man came up Daniel and me and asked us if we were interested in playing at a park with another band next Saturday. Wow...there's no doubt that God loves me and is always trying to show it . I mean wow, really? I'm so excited but I have a tendency not to show it in public. Which from this moment on has to stop! I should add that to the list of things to do .

 I'm slowly discovering myself again (if that makes any sense) . For instance, yesterday I started painting again and put together a cross and want to continue to make more to raise money for our band (Banda Cielo Abierto) I had a really nice, relaxing time just listening to music, conversing with God, and painting . I even cracked open my bible and read the book of Titus while I waited for the base coat of paint to dry. If you scroll down you can see some pics of the cross . It made me feel so happy that I dedicated time to God again, and I want to continue to do it, because we all need that personal relationship with Him that makes us stronger and fulfilled .

This journey/ discovery is one that I personally am going on to bring out the best in me . On Tuesday I start Salmista School at my church and I just wanna really go for it and meet new people, you know? Honestly it's hard to find Christian friends who will always be there for you, but like I said this is a journey of self-discovery . I'm ready to just give it all I have for God and put my dreams in His hands. And again I confess: (2 Timothy 1:6-7) For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands . For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline ." I'll keep you guys posted and if I can give any advice to y'all...never believe the lies that people say about you, and always remember that your true value isn't measured by what people say, but by the price that Jesus paid. That's how much we're worth . And if you've ever been hurt in any kind of ministry, from personal experience, I can say forgive because God has bigger things for you than you can imagine . And this I can also say from personal experience  (Jeremiah 29:11) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. This verse does give me hope and always keeps me trusting in him . There's been times when I didn't even want to sing anymore but God wouldn't have it. He picked me up, healed my broken heart, and gave me the joy for singing again. That kind of joy that I can only compare to the air I breathe. Praising and worshipping God for me is like the blood that keeps my heart pumping. It's all for Christ and His Glory. God bless and well....here I go!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...