Monday, October 17, 2011

Faith Is Believing In What You Can't See


Here I am in the Arts and Humanities Building...my own private little corner. I love it here! I've got my yummy snack (Cheetos and a Rice Krispie Treat) and I'm good to go. I've got a couple of things to share but I'm going to start off with a testimony.

First of all let me just say that the God I serve is merciful and trustworthy. These are things that as Christians we might all know but it's different when your faith is actually tested and then rewarded. I had spent all day Friday typing away so that I could turn in a paper for peer review. This was for my 1301 English class. I was "suppose" to copy and past my work onto Google Docs. Of course though, me being a freshmen in college, I start panicking and crying when my work gets completely messed up! Half of my paper erased and the remaining text was full of strange symbols (One could say that Google wasn't my favorite site at that point). All I could do was PRAY that the Lord would help me...that He would spontaneously make a miracle happen. After literally hours of copying and pasting the 5 o'clock deadline rolled around and I completely drowned in a river of my own tears. By FAITH I turned off my laptop, closed my eyes, and prayed again, and again, and again. I told God, "I trust You Lord and I know that everything is going to be okay." I walked away, knowing that my God had never failed me before and that He would never do so. (Psalm 25:1-5)In you, LORD my God, I put my trust. I trust in you;do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause. Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. The thing about the devil is that He uses any means necessary to but us to shame or to try to ruin our reputation, but the word of God says that those you hope or trust in God will not be put to shame. God's got our backs and is doing His part, but the real question is--Are we doing ours? Are we putting our complete faith in God? The definition of faith is believing in something you can't see! We can't see God but by faith we know He's real. We can't see our ministry prosper but by faith we give it to God and know that it's coming in the name of Jesus! God has great plans for His children...for us, but we have to keep the faith.

Sunday morning...I logged onto my Google Docs account and tried to open up my paper again and...... It was perfect! There was nothing wrong with my paper. There were no strange symbols and the whole essay was in tact. Glory to God! The God that I serve will never let me be put to shame for my hope is in "Jehova Mi Dios!" Remember: the reason that the enemy wants to ruin our reps is because then he'll be making God and His children look bad. The way that we as Christians combat this is by keeping our eyes fixed on the Lord and His word. If we walk in truth than no lies that people concoct against us will prosper. The enemy will have no choice but to retreat. (Ephesians 6:12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Our real battle is not against the friends, family, or people that try to hurt us, but against the devil. The best part is that we've got God on our side and no form of evil will prosper over our lives, but we've got to do our part. We've got to exercise our faith.

*~*~*

In other news, My dad is off to Dallas TX for three whole days to take my grandpa to the hospital so it's just us girls: my Mom, younger sister, and me. This should be fun, and knowing us we're probably going to watch movies and pop some popcorn. I really hope it rains! I love rainy movie nights. They're my fav! And best of all I have no homework so I can dedicate some time to my Lord and read His word. On the next post I'll be sharing what I'm learning in Psalmist school...it's so interesting. and full of revelation. I'm in love with worshipping my Lord and Savior. I'll keep you guys posted about what's going on but for now I have to bid everyone good day....I'm off the English!
God Bless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...