Friday, October 28, 2011

Secret Place: The Garden




In the natural sense, all of us have this special little corner, secret hideout, or place of refuge that we have created: That grassy area beneath an oak tree, the quiet nook in the library, or even that old picnic table at the park. For some of us a simple swing or even our own rooms fit the description. We all crave for that private time for ourselves to do what we like when we like. Personally, my comfy zone is my room because I can just curl up in my bed, grab my turquoise blanket and watch a movie, write a song, or read the word of God. Just like we kill for this spending time in our own little world, as does Christ. He longs for our attention...He longs to sit with us beneath the tree or talk with us as we gaze up at the midnight sky. Oh how lovely is the love our God wants to share with us. Oh how precious the time He wants to give us. The only thing that He needs to do this is our heart and our time. Jesus gave it all, all that a person can give(His life), so that we would turn His way and fall in love with Him. He's like that secret admirer that goes unnoticed. We don't realize we love Him until He's gone. Christ died so that we could see the greatest love story unfold before our very eyes. That "perfect" relationship can only be found in His eyes...in His warm embrace...in His presence.

*~*~*

Spiritually, our hearts contain this secret place, this garden that is visited by the Lord. Our garden prospers as we listen to the word of God because (John 4:14) says "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” This water gives life to our flowers and trees that were once little seeds waiting to grow. Are you ready for the Lord to visit your Garden? How have you kept it? Have you been fruitful? The thing is, I use to dread these questions when I was asked them in the past because I knew that the garden in my heart needed work. Sometimes our gardens are filled with weeds and are all dried up--we permit sin to just take over our secret place with the Lord. How can He meet with us if we haven't readied our hearts? The day that I had a personal encounter with God I knew that I had some sprucing up to do in this garden. I had to get rid of those things that didn't please the Lord: the words that came out of my mouth, the music I listened to...etc. Time passed and my garden began to bloom and produce fruit. My garden was ready for the Lord to enter and I longed to spend time with Him.

*~*~*


*~*~*

This is the special place that God wants to spend time with us in:

(Song of Solomon 4:16) Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits. The Lord, our beloved, waits for us to let Him in to our garden. Our secret place. God wants that intimate time with us so that we can get to know Him. For how can we serve someone who we do not know? When we let the Lord in and start spending that alone and craved time with him we begin to really fall in love with our savior and our knight in shining armor.
(Song of Solomon 6:2) "My beloved has gone down to his garden, to the beds of spices, to pasture his flock in the gardens, and to gather lilies." Once God spends that time with us He begins to see what lies in our hearts and spends time looking out our fruit: what we have done with the purpose He has given us and how we have used the time that He has provided us with. Is your garden ready? Start spending that time with the Lord so that He can guide you and just love on you! He wants to just hold you and show you new things every day. His purpose for our lives is so special but we have to continually care for our garden inside our hearts. Above all things the Lord wants us to guard our hearts for there is where He wants to live and spend time with us.

*~*~*

(Jeremiah 31:12) Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all. When we share our secret place with God we welcome in His love, joy, peace, happiness, and presence. Let's all tend to our gardens and make sure that each time the Lord arrives, they are ready and beautiful for Him. Keep going to your favorite chill spot but this time, set a place for twoone for you and one for God. Ask him to join you. I know deep in my heart that nothing would bring Him greater joy than to spend time with the one's He so dearly lovesYou and me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...