Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bold And Unashamed!


Hello to all, as promised I am back from exams and with very good news, as also promised. The Lord is faithful! My Psychology Exam went really good and I was completely overjoyed when my American Heritage Professor passed out the Frederick Douglas Essay I had submitted last week. The book, first of all was touching and heart-wrenching. The unfaltering faith of this slave made my heart grow more and more at the turn of every page. The point of the assignment was to "Explain how Frederick Douglas viewed his life" and my main argument was that he viewed his life not through the size and outlook of his slave-holders and society, but through the Eyes of God. He no longer saw himself as a captive but as a free man because to God he was a free and much loved son. I don't know if I caused my professor or student teacher to reflect on a few things but I know the grace of God was with me because I received a 150/150 = 100! The Lord, once again came through for me.
Love you God!

Here's a little excerpt from my essay:
All of his new found knowledge comes from reading and in a sense causes Douglas to experience freedom of the mind, because although the earth labels him as a captive, his thought and his faith provide an open door into liberty. Douglas no longer settles for the life of slavery he has always known because now he understands the word of God that his masters manipulate to excuse the horrific punishments that they inflict upon their slaves. Douglass distinguishes and draws the line between religion and true Christianity as he states, “in the darkest hours of my career in slavery, this living word of faith and spirit of hope departed not from me, but remained like ministering angels to cheer me through the gloom. This good spirit was from God, and to him I offer thanksgiving and praise” (75).

Well, my advice for you today my friends is to not be ashamed to show off who you really are no matter where you go. Sometimes it can be intimidating to talk about Christ in a term paper that gives the opportunity to do so because of the ruff and tough outer-exterior of professors but...go for it. Pray before doing so, so that God can inspire the proper words. Do something different and most importantly don't be ashamed. The word of God says in (Mark 8:38) "If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." I don't blame Jesus for saying this at all. Can you imagine? The son of the most powerful and majestic king of all the nations leaves the comfort of his loving home in order to come to a land where by most he is despised. He no longer wears his crown for all to see and dresses in what some wealthy people might call rags under the identity as the son of a carpenter (so teased some people). The Innocent son of a king sacrifices his life and blameless reputation in order to brutally die for a nation that rejected and wrongly judged him. To this day this nation continues to do so and at one point we were all participants in this horrid act until the Lord, in his abundant grace, opened our eyes. We need not be ashamed of our king or the prince of peace that saved our souls because this is not fare to Him. So I say, we might be able to escape the embarrassment of testifying about Jesus in front of our "friends" or certain crowds but there will come a day when we will be in the presence of the Lord's crowds who will all be ashamed of those who laughed at Jesus, their prince and king. If anyone reads this and knows that they they boldly represent the kingdom of God then congrats! I hope to see the day when every knee bows down to our savior and together we offer Him our worship and undivided attention. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...