Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let There Be Light



What? The book of Genesis? That's right kiddos! The Lord will always give his children new revelation of those things that most believe to be obvious or worn out. Friends and fellow readers, I am so excited to share with you what the Holy Spirit has revealed to me during my time of fasting and prayer. As you all know, I have begun to read the bible from book numero uno to the book of Revelations. No more skipping and skimming for this girl. Oh no, no, no, I'm in this 100% for the glory of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ! And for those of you, like I posted earlier, who wish to jump on the band wagon with me, I personally invite you to do so! And most importantly the Lord invites you to do so. Where to start, where to start? Well...a few days ago I began to have midnight to mid morning bible sessions with God. My boyfriend, who I love dearly, gave me an android phone for Christmas to which I added the Bible App to. I love, love, love this App! So as I was saying, at around 12:00AM-3:00AM I've been cuddled up in my bed reading the bible on my phone. I love it! Not that I don't love my tangible book bible but it's so much easier to have the lights off and read with my phone. Gracias Miamor, love you babe!

*~*~*

As I began to read Genesis 1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.  God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day," the Lord gave me this beautiful vision of the drawing that I made above. Clearly I could envision a craftsman with his tools, trying to design and sculpt his creations but could not do so comfortably until he turned on a lamp. Once he turned on the light everything became clear and now he began to draw inspiration. The Holy Spirit revealed to me that this was God. When he began to create the world, before anything, He needed to see his beautiful and marvelous creations so He created the light. Light cannot only be interpreted in the natural and obvious sense, but in the spiritual sense. The light signifies inspiration, creativity, and enlightenment. God did not create and form the animals, trees, and us until there was light in the world because darkness brings confusion. Why confusion? Because one cannot see in the dark and one cannot think while in confusion. This is why God has called us to be children of
light.

Tip: If you feel gloomy or just plain sad or confused surround yourself with not only literal light but with the greatest light that exists: Jesus. Find a nice area or corner and snuggle up with a blanket and read the word of God. There's a great comfort that comes from filling yourself with God's word. Try it! Turn on your favorite lamp and remember that you were called to be a child of light. When God Himself wanted to be creative while making you, He did so with the light illuminating His workspace. Keep looking up and God Bless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...