Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Heart Of Worship

"Keep your first love close to your heart to remind you of why it is that you worship."
*~*~* 
There are always reasons behind any and all actions. Motives that drive our every move.  Emotions that provoke our most inner core and being. I'm not talking about a hidden agenda, it's more like a secret letter imprinted on our hearts and souls. The wise Kari Jobe explained how we must always remember our first love. She's right. When we begin to awake in our hearts the past moments when we were saved by grace, loved when we felt unlovable, and embraced when all else rejected us, then we begin to fall in love all over again with the amazing God that offered all of this to us. As Worshipers, Psalmists, or Worship Leaders, we have to constantly remind ourselves of why we do what we do. Why do we Worship? When I ask myself this question, the words that come to mind are: "How can I not worship? Jesus reached into the deep dark pool of water where I was sinking and pulled me out. He loved me first so that's the most intimate and loving way I can express my gratitude and love. I worship because of love, true love that is like a burning flame that cannot be turned off. No wind can blow so hard as to put the fire out. The fire is within me and it burns with a passion. I passionately worship because Jesus passionately walked where I walked and felt what I felt and went through all that I have gone through. These words are too few to express why I worship, but they are raw and they are oh so real. In regards to the congregation or people, I enjoy seeing the freedom produced from bursting out into song. My mind explodes with faith when I witness the shackles being torn off of people through a worship offered to God in Spirit and in Truth. It brings literal joy to my face and makes me want to continue to sing all night if I have to." The Lord says: (Revelation 2:2-4) I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. As worshipers, we can not forget our first love. We have to hold on to those moments of redemption and keep them near to our hearts always. And that will be the pure motive that will cause us to sing or play or dance wholeheartedly to and for God. That needs to be the true heart of our worship—the moment when we first fell in love. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...