Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Wellspring Of Your Heart

(Proverbs 4:23) Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
              *~*~*
The Lord urges us to protect our hearts from what goes in or better yet, from what we allow to enter into it. We've all heard the saying that what goes in must come out. This is truer than we realize. As worshipers who are called to worship God in spirit and in truth, the one common thing that separates us from our heart's desire is in fact what we have stored in our hearts. The very feelings and thoughts that dwell within us are a product of what's inside because we have opened the door. Look at this way, If we have a well from which we constantly pull up water from and that well was tampered with then we would have polluted water. What if our whole community freely drank water from our well also? They would be poisoned by our water supply as would we. Spiritually King Solomon showed us that our hearts are the wellspring of life. A wellspring is an original and bountiful source of something; the source of a stream or spring. People tend to wonder why they cannot stop cussing, well...Tell me what kind of music your listening to, who you hang out with, and what you're watching on T.V? There lies the answer. Other people wonder why people become depressed, well...tell my what your favorite radio station is, who you go out with (if you do), and what movies or shows you watch? Again, the answer lies within the question itself. This is so important that words cannot even begin to express the crucial role of the effect of our wellspring being contaminated on our lives. When I was 16 years old the Lord spoke into my heart and revealed to me that if my desire was to follow Him and truly worship Him, the there were things that I had to turn away from and two biggies were what I watched and the music I listened to. Some might read this and thing ouch, delete my playlist? Never! But let me tell you this, with all confidence in the Lord's word I say just as He said to me, you will never worship God to your fullest potential if you do not stop settling for what this world offers you. The music, the scary music, the friends who have a more colorful vocab than the rainbow in the sky. It's time to turn away from the things that hurt God's heart and to decide to go after the things that we were called to do. (1 Corinthians 6:15) Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. I'm truly sorry if I am offending anyone but all this comes from my personal walk with the Lord, not to harm, but to edify. We cannot be so complacent in letting our hearts be filled with dirty muck water. It's just not possible to serve two masters. The word of God says: (Matthew 6:24) "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other." Who are we going to love and be devoted to? We cannot listen to Spiritual music but then also listen to pagan music, which I will later explain the difference of. We cannot be lukewarm in our lifestyle because we are called to awaken out of our daily slumber so that we may offer a pure and fragrant sacrifice to our God. He is so worthy...He's been so good. My greatest advice is to go before the Lord and ask Him for the strength to do His will, but for me all it took was meditating on His unfailing perfect love that covered my multitude of sins. There's this portion of words in Hillsong's Hosanna lyrics that I love which say, "Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen, show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart from what breaks yours, everything I am for your kingdoms cause..." With this said, we must all guard our hearts so that it may be said of us that our worship wellspring is of joy, peace, love, and truth. As true worshipers, may we all come to say this with all our hearts:

(Psalm 40:6-10) You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings. Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand— you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings. Then I said, “Look, I have come. As is written about me in the Scriptures: I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.” I have told all your people about your justice. I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O Lord, well know. I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness. 

May the Lord's instructions be written 
on our heart for now and always.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...