Thursday, August 2, 2012

A New Sound Resonance


Resonance- A quality of richness or significance, especially in evoking a response or strong emotion; the intensification and enriching of a musical tone by supplementary vibration (vibration of something beyond the original sound source).


*~*~*

Recently I've been meditating on how God wants us to worship Him. What makes Him happy? What touches His heart? This was and continues to be my personal prayer with him. Sitting down and talking with my dad after dinner we both agreed upon one thought: The Lord reveals to each person how He wants them to worship Him. It's not about watching T.V, however much of a great invention it might be, and getting ideas and then copying them. It's not about flipping through the next cover of teen vogue and picking the image we want to carry out. Just because God isn't verbally telling us direct instructions doesn't mean we should pick what we see and like without consulting Him. God wants to give us a new image, a new look, and a new sound. I will never judge a fellow believer for taking a worldly song and turning it into a spiritual one because I don't know what kind of personal revelation or calling they have received from the Lord. I can only speak for myself and for those that have a similar revelation. God has spoken into my heart that He wants a new sound from me. Like I have been taught, all music belongs to God and was invented by Him but the devil has distorted the sound. God has shared with me how much He wants me to flow out of a new sound, something never heard before. I feel these words--captivating, powerful, breath-taking, holy, resonance. Focusing on worshiping God through my music I strongly hold tight to the fact that the Lord is breathing life into this generation, into me, to produce a never-before heard sound. How to live, how to sing, how to dress, these are all inspirations that the Holy Spirit wants to provide us with. We don't need to copy or add onto someone's hand-me-down sound, we need to know the secrets that lie in God's heart and ask Him for them.

*~*~*

(Isaiah 45:3) I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places, so that you
may know that I am the Lordthe God of Israel,
who summons you by name.

*~*~*

(Romans 12:2) Don't copy the behavior and customs
of this world, but let God transform you
into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know God's will for you,
which is good and pleasing and perfect.

*~*~*

This world needs to be shaken up by more than an album, it's crying out for a generation ready to give off what the Lord has personally placed in their hands. When we display a new song, a new image, then we truly transform what is around us because what we have from God is meant to be more intensely profound. It's time to let His new sound resonance shine because God is not a God to stay in one place or in one dimension...He breaks barriers and pushes us toward the plans He has set for us. May you and I give life and show others His new revelation, His heart's true desires.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...