Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fasting And Confirmation



Ten days!!! Today is the tenth day on my Daniel Fast and can I just say that I feel amazing! I feel, feel, feel God moving! I reached this life-changing point in my spiritual walk where God confronted me lovingly to say that He wants to give me more freedom than I already have on a platform in public as well as off a platform in the quiet and secret. Let's face it ladies and gents...when we feel insecure because of our weight we just can't jump as high as we want to or face public situations with the proper authority and confidence. God wants to take His children out of that "false-contemptment" mind set and move them into an active lifestyle. I feel stronger spiritually and physically thanks to prayer, the Word of God, and exercise. Though my flesh wants to collapse from exhaustion at times I continue toward the finish line and declare the blood of Jesus over myself each day. I have inherited my Dad's unfailing strength. If my tummy grumbles I'm almost immune to cravings. To me this is God confirming how much He wanted me to trust Him on this. Fasting and prayer are two important keys for the children of God that will unlock doors and make the gates of heaven burst open.

*~*~*

Right now I'm reading in the second Book of Samuel and what is making me relate and meditate is this:

{Background Story: Saul's son, King after his father's death, has also been killed. David has been anointed as King and is going up against a tribe who inhabits Jerusalem.}


(2 Samuel 5:1-3) Then all the tribes of Israel went to David at Hebron and told him, “We are your own flesh and blood. In the past, when Saul was our king, you were the one who really led the forces of Israel. And the Lord told you, ‘You will be the shepherd of my people Israel. You will be Israel’s leader.’” So there at Hebron, King David made a covenant before the Lord with all the elders of Israel. And they anointed him king of Israel.

(2 Samuel 5:6-7) David then led his men to Jerusalem to fight against the Jebusites, the original inhabitants of the land who were living there. The Jebusites taunted David, saying, “You’ll never get in here! Even the blind and lame could keep you out!” For the Jebusites thought they were safe. But David captured the fortress of Zion, which is now called the City of David.

(2 Samuel 5:10-12) And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord God of Heaven’s Armies was with himThen King Hiram of Tyre sent messengers to David, along with cedar timber and carpenters and stonemasons, and they built David a palace. And David realized that the Lord had confirmed him as king over Israel and had blessed his kingdom for the sake of his people Israel. 


Whenever God speaks to us He will always send confirmation. God spoke over David the plans of royalty and leadership that He had over him and thus, activated David's true purpose. Many years later David comes to be handed the position and responsibility of King of Israel. For more than seven years David knew the plans that the Lord had for Him but during his "waiting period" he ruled over what God gave him for that particular time and season. He did it exceptionally, loved and adored by many. This is what God is showing me right this very second. The palace being built confirmed to David what the Lord had activated many, many years ago. During this "waiting period" God is calling us to reign over that which is momentary until He hands us our true destiny and ministry. Keep on moving forward my friends as I will do also. God has spoken over your life and will fulfill each and every promise. The confirmation is coming! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...