Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Journal Excerpt {Halloween}


Sitting on a wooden bench, on the third floor of the Education Building at school, I felt compelled to write. I needed to get my thoughts down on paper, on anything really, but facebook just wouldn't do: I needed something momentarily private, something that I could stare at and meditate on for a good while before my next class. So here's my unedited heart, spilled out onto a single  sheet of notebook paper.
*~*~*
 Think of the person that you love most in this world. Who is she/he? Now picture this scenario: There's a person who's always trying to make your loved one look bad, hurts those that your loved one holds dear. That person invites you to his/her party. Do you go? This is how I view everything—God is my Father, the one who's always been there for me. Why would I celebrate something that's used to hurt His heart? When you don't have a relationship with God everything you see is {rules, religion, more rules...Why this? Why that?} When you have a direct relationship with God the questions and answers no longer matter because you would drop anything in a minute for the one who chose to give it all for you. It doesn't matter what everyone else does. Who cares? Be different and don't be ashamed of it! I choose not to celebrate halloween, not because of the candy or the costumes, but because of what this day represents. While parents send their kids trick-or-treating, there are thousands of people making sacrifices to the devil on this day. I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna give Satan and his followers the satisfaction of knowing that I'm at the party of the one who hates my Best Friend! Tonight is Worship and Movie Night at my house. Amen to that!


Ponderings:
  • People want to come as close as they can to the line without crossing it. How far can we get? How much can we get away with before it's labeled as "wrong." Forget the world and fix your eyes on God.
  • It doesn't matter how much you are forced to do what's right, because until you encounter the Living God and receive a revelation, everything will seem like a pain transformed into a rule book {Look with your eyes wide open}.

I choose to have this attitude today:
(Joshua 24:14-15) “So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord alone. But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...