Friday, October 19, 2012

There's A Reason Behind Every Season



{Seeds of Joy. Blessings. An overflow. Love, endless love.}

This is exactly how I describe what God has placed in my hands. It's everything. In the midst of  terrible thunderstorms seeing a gorgeously striking sunset painted by the finger of God made me literally feel calm in the midst of a storm. My Sister in Christ, who also happens to be one of my bestest friends, and I hopped in her car and drove off on the highway toward our friend's church. When I first got the phone call to go lend a hand from my Psalmist School teacher I honestly admit that I wanted to stay home so bad to do some homework and spend some nice quiet time but I decided to do something radical, something bold, something so unheard of: consult God. I fell to my knees and then slowly twisted over and clutched both of my legs, resembling a fetal position. Whenever I do this it's mostly because I just need to talk to God, my friend. I asked Him whether or not He thought I should go, I talked some more, waited, sang a little song, and silently listened. I wasn't waiting to hear an audible voice. I was waiting to listen with my heart's ears. I was patiently waiting for God's peace. A few days before all of this took place I was prophesied to by a very anointed and amazing prophet from Indiana. I got my little audio souvenir for keeps. What came to mind after asking the Lord what He thought of me going was a brief small portion of all the prophetic word given to me, "Get ready for some new seasons. Seasons of going about." If you knew me, then you would know how much I love my house. I wouldn't call myself an introvert, but I definitely love my alone time when I can catch up on things I need to do and want to do. With school, driving off in the middle of the day seemed impossible to me, but I just told God that whatever it was I was willing. Some things never change. When God says "go" it's a "I better get going." To make long story short...I was willing to mop and sweep while God pushed me up to the altar to Worship Him with my voice. I love how fun and tricky my sweet Holy Spirit is...He knows very well when and where to use me. That's what I've been called to do, to Worship the Lord with my very life and with every ounce of breath. I love it. I had a great time with the girls, singing inside of church as well as outside in the car while the rain danced away. Laughter, we all need to just belt out our awkward screeches and let loose with some good friends. Those awesome friends who pray with you, share the same vision with you, and chow down on some yummy snacks by your side. When God says "go!" obey and He'll take care of the rest. Always be willing by extending your hands out to the the Lord and be prepared to serve others. When you are faithful in the small things God will reward you with bigger and better things that will require much more dedication and responsibility. I've learned this in the many seasons of my young life and I don't regret any minute of it.

*~*~*

On another note...I finished my fast on Monday!!! Instantly I saw the hand of God in my life. The day I finished was the same day that I started something new. My mom and I were planning on seeing a nutritionist when we actually met with a Doctor who deals with Naturopathic Medicine. She was the sweetest lady and turned out to be Christian. I loved seeing all the shiny, wooden, and engraved crosses on her wall. Only God can arrange time so perfectly. It's not a coincidence that on the same day I finished my 21 day Daniel fast my appointment was set and made. God is more than good. The transition from fruits and veggies to my new healthy diet is enjoyable. At any other moment I know I could never be doing the things that I'm doing now. As Christians we've got to get fired up and passionate about keeping our body's temple spiritually and naturally healthy. I love it. You best believe:

(1 Corinthians 9:24-27) Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every stepI am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it shouldOtherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Spiritually this portion of the word is profound but naturally I also know that Paul must have been fit to walk miles and miles to preach the gospel. Spiritually he had to train his body for the amazing calling on his life but naturally he also had to prepare for the long journey ahead. Are we fully prepared for what God has called us to do? Can we be of service to God unhealthy, sick, or dead? Harsh I know but this is my reality. I had a choice to make. I chose to change and to let God just work with me in this season so that He, the ultimate teacher, could show me how to take care of my temple. Because when we do things in the natural you better believe it altars the spiritual realm. Consistency and dedication in the natural cause the same effect in the spiritual. This is what I have been learning in this new season and I am so thankful for it. My mind cannot fathom and cannot imagine the road ahead but I am still clinging to the one who designed the road. Be encouraged and more than anything be blessed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...