Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Autumn Cravings And Things



I am officially out of school!...for Thanksgiving break anyway. Exhausted, tired, but still alive and breathing. University life can be stressful at times, especially when exam season and finals come along, but I love it. As corny as it may sound, yesterday in my quiet time with the Lord I began to thank Him for the opportunity that I have to even attend school. Many don't get to further their education. I have been given a beautiful, price-less gift. Of course I've had to work hard to get to where I am, but God opened the doors so that I could walk through victoriously. Often it feels like I'm walking a million miles but the fact that I know that there will be an open door waiting for me when I reach my destination is more than enough to make me wanna keep on movin' forward. This is one of the many things that I'm thankful for. Today I finished up my exam and rushed through traffic to get home. Oh home sweet home. I feel so lazy. I just jumped into bed and started blogging away. Literally here I am in my old high school T-shirt and PJ's. And that's how you know that it's vacation time for me.

Lately, more like forever ago, I've been craving some good soul food: definition being God time, new revelation, encounters, and worship. This kind of hunger can only be quenched by some nice one on one time with my sweet Jesus. There's a scripture that I've been reading for a while now that's really struck a chord in me...definitely one of my favorite Psalms. It's times like these that make me want to lock my door and throw away the key so I can just be, you know? But one thing I do know and that is that my social/public life will be impacted by my intimate/private life. In the quiet we are shaped and in the midst of encounters with our Beloved we are transformed. Many areas of my life have been tottering on the brink of extinction but I like what God has been replacing these areas with. We can either hate change or embrace it with arms and eyes wide open. On Monday, my homework assignment for the Psalmist School I attend was to make song, in Spanish, out of a Psalm and ultimately my heart was won over by the same portion of verses that I just finished telling y'all about. So from David's heart, to my heart, and finally to yours I share with you my
                      
 Psalm of inspiration:


*~*~*
(Psalm 63:1-8) 
O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts 
for you; my whole body longs for you in 
this parched and weary land where there 
is no water. I have seen you in your 
sanctuary and gazed upon your power 
and glory. Your unfailing love is better than 
life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you 
as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you 
in prayer. You satisfy me more than the 
richest feast. I will praise you with songs of 
joy. I lie awake thinking of you, meditating 
on you through the night. Because you 
are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow 
of your wings. I cling to you; your strong 
right hand holds me securely.
*~*~*



And now...a little tune from my ipod


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...