Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lifestyle Change



It's been over two months since I started this crazy change in my life. Crazy because I never could have imagined the plans that God had in store for me. In my October posts I talked a little about how the Spirit of the Lord convicted me to fast: He had something amazing planned, my spirit knew it all along. When these moments come and God opens doors we can either obey and walk through them or ignore the calling and miss out on a great opportunity. My whole life I've struggled with insecurities about my weight until finally at this transforming point in my life God just woke me up and said, "it's time." All I could say was, "yes Lord," and so the story unfolded and my new journey began.

*~*~*~*~*
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20) Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

(Romans 12:1-2) Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. 
*~*~*~*~*

In this new season God gave me the strength to first complete the 21 day Daniel fast which consisted of fruits, veggies, and tons of water. And again, this was like sailing through fog, all I knew was that the Holy Spirit was guiding me. And thank the Lord that my mom is no stranger to fasting so she walked me through it. Literally, right after 21 days my mom got me an appointment with a Naturopathic Doctor who turned out to be an incredible woman of God who just can't get enough of God's glory. I laugh because my mom and I are exactly the same, in that respect. In addition to all of this, I also had been watching a show called "Desafio 90d" on the Spanish Christian Channel (Enlace TBN) that truly inspired me to start exercising again and for good. Can you imagine? The Lord just aligned everything so perfectly. When we obey God all of His blessings follow, but we've got to respond to Him in the exact moment when He speaks to us. Because if God is the one guiding us then He will provide us with the strength to jump through any hurdle. For anybody who's struggled with the same problem all I have to say is that with God it is possible for you to change your life. I just told my best friend a week ago, "How can we expect to be used by God if we're dead? How can the Holy Spirit move within us if we've turned our bodies into a trash can?" How much more can we give God? What more can we offer our Lord...is there really a line that we must draw? I needed a good mind renewing session with the Lord and He woke me up to conquer my reality instead of just letting me survive it.   As christians we can not let the enemy take control of our health because whether we'd like to admit it or not, this situation becomes a disability that keeps us from freely jumping during praise, attending family outings, and restricts us from so much more. Now, especially because I'm going through this I can say that it's not that God doesn't love us for who we are and how we look but God cannot accept anything that keeps us from the freedom that Jesus Christ gave to us. Our freedom was worth the blood of Jesus, we were worth it to Him. Why would we not take care of our bodies if Jesus paid for them with His body, with His whole life? One thing that spoke deeply to me was what Pastor Cash Luna said at His conference:

(Isaiah 7:14-15) Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right

The blood of Jesus, his wounds, healed us. What would have happened if Jesus did not take care of His health? What kind of blood would He have been able to offer us? Jesus knew what was right for His body and He continued to live a lifestyle of true Worship in which He offered Himself as a living and breathing sacrifice. God asks the same of us. There has to be a moment in our life when we wake up and realize that we no longer live for ourselves. More than anything I want to encourage you. You can change your life, age does not matter. Choose to live a healthy life and choose to live in the freedom that was bought for you at a high price. Start conquering things in the natural (running or walking more than usual, eating healthier, etc.) and you will conquer things in the spiritual. Read the Word and ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom in this area and because you are seeking you will find what you're looking for. With God ALL things are possible! I have already lost over ten pounds in these two months for the glory of the Lord so I know this to be true! I recommend that you seek professional help because each body is different and requires a different meal plan.

*~*~*~*~*

"Motivate the mind and the body will follow."

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...