Friday, December 21, 2012

Love Has A Name




*~*~*~*~*
(Luke 2:6-7) While they were there, the time came for the baby 
to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped 
him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because 
there was no guest room available for them.
*~*~*~*~*




*~*~*~*~*
(Luke 2:17-20) When they had seen him, they spread the word 
concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who 
heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 
But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered 
them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying 
and praising God for all the things they had heard and 
seen, which were just as they had been told.
*~*~*~*~*




*~*~*~*~*
(John 3:16-17) For God so loved the world that he gave his 
one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but 
have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to 
condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
*~*~*~*~*


For God so loved me...you and I. For He so loved. These words make my heart want to sing right this minute. I'm going to be meditating on this love not just throughout Christmas but every day of my life. It was the love of Jesus that revived me and gave me life. I bless the day that He came to this world to rescue me. I thank the Lord because Jesus lives and He lives in me. I want to shine as bright as the star that pointed the three kings on their way toward salvation and I want to leave a big trail of love just like my sweet Jesus has. We may not have the best to offer our Lord, at least not what He deserves, but we do have our lives. Our lives are worth more than anything because Jesus gave it that worth. So this Christmas and every day after I want to make my heart that humble stable for my Jesus to be born and reign in. Though He's already there, I always like to remember the moment that He found me and that the manger of my heart opened up its doors for Him. For years Jesus searched and pursued me until finally I realized that all I want to do now is pursue Him. It's not about giving Him the best of what you have, it's about giving Him all that you are. Just like Mary, I've grasped every single thing that Jesus has done for me and continues to do and I've stored up these treasures in my heart so that I never forget my first love. Jesus is the reason for it all because the word says that He came to save the gentile. You and I, unless we were Jewish, had no hope until hope was born. It's not about which day we celebrate His birth on because, like my daddy says, we should be celebrating every day. Joy! Our hope was born and lives in us! Let us celebrate Jesus every day and demonstrate our love for Him through obedience. Let us celebrate the day that grace was born! Oh my sweet Jesus, thank you for existing and thank you for being born in my heart.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...