Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Gentle Whisper


(1 Kings 19:11-13) 

The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
*~*~*~*~*

Sometimes I wonder, "God is this you talking to me? Is it really you?" The Lord has been showing me exactly what He sounds like. His voice isn't of confusion, of a big commotion, of violent storms, of furious ramblings...it's a gentle whisper. Shhhh...So gentle that your heart and mind have to be silent to hear it. In Spanish we call it a "susurro". I love that word, I connect with that word. You see, God has never been vindictive nor rough-hearted with me. He's been nothing short of loving, merciful, patient, and gentle to the touch. Why on His green earth would His voice, the very breath that gave me life, be any different? The enemy comes to try and plant so much confusion that He actually thinks I could fall for, but the living memory of my first love is always there to send him right back to where he belongs. The voice of truth and wisdom is a gentle whisper that comes to bring peace and direction. 


Very soon I will be going back to school, university life in all its splendor, and I can't wait for God to do school with me. Honestly, thank you Jesus for the Holy Spirit because He is the best study buddy. I do the reading and He does the reminding. So, with the spring semester coming up in a few days (4 exactly) comes new challenges  hopes, dreams, experiences that I feel ready for. Ready in the sense that I've strengthened myself with God's presence and the Word over the winter break. Like I said in my previous posts, a lot of changes are coming and I can't wait to testify about those. But in the mean time the preparation continues and I rest in God's peace knowing that all wisdom He has control of. 



If you're having trouble recognizing God's voice I'm going to share with you a little piece of advice that a wise woman shared with me: When God speaks to you what He says will bring you peace and not confusion. Even if God is asking something difficult of you, His peace will overtake you and deep in your spirit you will know exactly what to do. Ask for the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the Father's desires for you and He will because He is your comforter. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...