Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Calm During The Storm

We all have a storm. That period of time that stresses us, or frustrates us, or worries us. A little or huge rain cloud above us. Yes I have them too. But I really want to share my take on my storm. I feel lots of things but to quote the lovely Mrs. Joyce Meyers, I don't have to do what I feel. God has so shown me this and has patiently worked with me on this. Along the way through many attempts I have stumbled but no longer fallen thanks to God's right hand sustaining me. Though the storm and the rain clouds of life come, it's a good feeling knowing that God loves me at my worst as He perfects me for the best. The homework is there believe me, my ministry alive and running, and the every day does not pause nor take a break. There are no cut-me-some-slack days. The only thing that changes is how we view life. So my take on my storm is this: God has given me the power according to His word in the Book of Timothy (regardless of my age) to stay cool and collected. To be happy. to love. The free will to crack a joke to ease the tension and the right to choose to hunger for more of His presence. How I exercise these rights and blessings is up to me. See living in the moment is great for those who settle but I just don't want to be there. I'm not a let's go to a concert to hear beautiful music kind of girl, I'm a let's go sing and worship God as we sob of joy kind of girl. I choose the calm. I love the calm. The storm is there but I choose to see God's glory cloud above me raining down His Spirit to quench my thirst instead. I love what Elisha said to His servant.

(2 Kings 5:26)  But Elisha said to him, “Was not my spirit with you when the man got down from his chariot to meet you? Is this the time to take money or to accept clothes—or olive groves and vineyards, or flocks and herds, or male and female slaves?

I love that. Is this the time? Is this the time to be moping around? Is this the time to be rebellious? Is this the time to be wasting time? I love it. I love that Elisha had God's vision. When we have God's vision we see like eagles. We see the fullness of His plans. We don't know exactly but we are confident in that His plans are good no matter what. And I'm saying this, remember yall, in the midst of a storm. His plans are so sweet for us and so flawless. Now is the time to enjoy His presence and be completely, completely, submerged in His Spirit.

*~*~*
I share some verses with you that really hit the spot today. I mean, God's Word is as sweet as honey and in our Spirit tastes like it too.

(Psalm 63:5) I will be fully satisfied as with 
the richest of foods; with singing lips my 
mouth will praise you.

(Psalm 119:2-3) Blessed are those who keep 
his statutes and seek him with all their 
heart—they do no wrong but follow 
his ways.


(Psalm 119:30) I have chosen the way of 
faithfulness; I have set my heart 
on your laws.

(Psalm 119:103) How sweet are your words 
to my taste, sweeter than honey to 
my mouth!

(Jeremiah 15:16) When your words came, I 
ate them;they were my joy and my heart’s 
delight, for I bear your name,
Lord God Almighty.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...