Thursday, May 30, 2013

Venturing Through The Book of Psalms


(Psalm 23) 
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me 
in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely your goodness and love will follow me 
all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord 
forever.

*~*~*

If there's one book of The Bible that I can't get enough of that's the book of Psalms. I find myself currently there, trying hard not to highlight every verse. Lately, as my best friend and I sing to and worship The Lord together (me on the mic and him on the guitar) I find myself flowing with psalms. My heart is storing up what I read and as I begin to release new songs in the spirit I notice that my own words have now meshed with God's word. It feels so right, so beautiful as The Word of God is being declared and released into the spiritual atmosphere. I can't quite say how long it'll take for me to finish this book but I'm definitely enjoying the journey. Yup, it's been quite a journey.

Today my day was filled with some early rising, prayer, and gardening. I went with my Mom to her prayer group "Genesis" and loved seeing The Holy Spirit show up. I'm telling y'all, amazing supernatural things happen when two or more people come into agreement. Though I was the youngest one there, there is no age in the spirit so I connected the minute I stepped foot through the front door. As my Mom preached what The Lord was putting in her spirit, some of the other members and myself prayed in tongues. There was a point when we started reading through a passage of the book of Revelations that I began to feel electric pulses gently moving up and down my arms. My eyes could not hold back my tears. His presence is so sweet. The Holy Spirit made Himself tangibly known. Toward the end of the meeting we all held hands and as I began to sing in tongues and as my Mom began to anoint with oil The Holy Spirit just completely wrecked us for His glory. Someone was about to fall over. When we are The Lord's vessels and we seek for more of Him He gives it to us. Yes there is a price to pay, but just like Bill Johnson said in his book, "More God. More! I must have more of You at any cost! If I lose respectability and get You in the exchange, I'll gladly make that trade. Just give me more of You." It's mind-boggling how God has been answering so many of my past and current questions as I read His Word and also Bill Johnson's book "When Heaven Invades Earth." This season of my life has been busy but full of revelation, restoration, and yes tribulation. But I rejoice! I've tasted and I've seen that The Lord is good so my peace is rooted in Christ and my anchor is He.

*~*~*

(Psalm 32:7-8)
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs 
of deliverance.
I will instruct you and teach you
 in the way you should go;
I will counsel you 
with my loving eye on you.

*~*~*

It's official, my Mommy and I are starting a mini-nursery. 
I'm in love!






No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...