Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Details


Rain, rain...my hair and clothes would like you to go away but you do my heart so much good. I love how God paints the sky, it's different every single time. Every morning, afternoon, and evening that I either drive to or from school I can't help but stare at what has lately been cloudy skies. Maybe it's my love for painting that causes my eyes to focus in on every color. Maybe. I'd like to think a little deeper than that though. Could it be that my spirit recognizes the artwork of my Father? I think that nature is a slice of God's beautiful heart. I couldn't help but feel so much more than good as I sat on a bench on the second floor of the Rehab building and watched rain trickle and then spontaneously pour down right in front of my eyes. It was like an unexpected crescendo of rain that made my heart and soul feel just right. When I witness little things like this I just feel God smiling and nudging me as if to say, "a few minutes ago that could have been you running frantically to take cover but I held it up just for you. Love you." Because God delights in the details of our lives I delight in His details. You can imagine how I was feeling as I was reading my Bible App before class on a cool day with the sound of rain tapping against old brick walls. If I could visualize a spiritual harmony that would be it for me right there. My favorite moment of the week so far. I love what I'm studying, I love it so much. At first I was like, God what on earth are you doing? But I see why He loves this and why He wanted me to love it too. I can't wait to put all the puzzle pieces together. The journey though is the best part. Gotta love it!

(Psalm 37:23) The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...