Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Process: Loving People & Giving Your Life in Prayer



At one point along our spiritual journey we will all come face to face with the realization of what love really means. I'm talking about moving in God's powerful, transforming, and sin-covering love. Whether someone in your family hurts you, your best friend betrays you, your brother and sister's in Christ speak falsely against you the reality is we're in a hurting world that is crying out for the real children of God to rise up and take their place. The children of God that forgive seven times seventy times, that speak life, that pursue holiness, that move in the spirit, that walk in faith, that promote true peace, that go forth in spiritual warfare, that pray without ceasing, and that love. And that love. And that love. And that love! The sooner we realize that the moment we decide to follow Jesus we're all automatically walking as a work in progress along the narrow road, the sooner we can receive grace and give it to other's. Because we are all like clay jars in the hands of the potter, being perfected in Christ until Jesus returns for us, His bride. All of us. I've struggled with this and I've seen other children of God battle with this type of attitude: Well at least now we're on the road you know so we're ok. No. Oh, no. I was so wrong thinking this. We are all being perfected and whether we'd like to suppress the fact or not, we all have a plank in our eye that still needs to be removed before we can take care of our brother's or sister's plank. God is becoming strong in our weaknesses day by day as we're seeking Him so as we walk forth lets encourage one other, rebuke in love, forgive, and move forward. I'm going through something so difficult right now that if you were to have told me growing up what was to come I would have fled in fear. I can trust God with my life's picture now. I can trust God with the people I love and know that even though I thought my plan was beautiful for them God's is spectacular and full of glory. There's a scripture that the Holy Spirit has been bringing to me through this rough time and it is...

*~*~*
(Luke 6:31) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
*~*~*

This verse has been becoming flesh in me. Forgive as you would like to be forgiven. Love as you would like to be loved. Encourage as you would like to be encouraged. Live the life that you would like to see others live in Christ. These are true words but accomplishing them  is easier said than done. The only way that I can explain to you how I'm doing this is by telling you that through my process I've faced situations where I know I should forgive but couldn't so I prayed and literally cried out with all my heart for God to do in me what I couldn't and I've failed miserably sometimes. But as time has past and I've matured in faith doing the impossible has become possible because the one who makes things possible is invading my heart and emotions more and more. Simple truths of maturing in Christ are prayer, fasting, and filling ourselves with God's Word. The gospel. Jesus. As you walk more and more you won't have to ask WWJD because His Word will slowly become flesh the more you read, fast, pray, and apply

There's one well known fact that we have all come to know and if you haven't trust, you will know: When we face hard times we come to know who our true friends are. I'm here to tell you that when you go through trials or you or someone you love stumbles you will realize who's a mature christian, who's not, and who never was.  Those that rebuke you in love and stand by your side by breathing Christ's redemptive power and loving grace into your life I would define as mature christians because though they too are walking in the process, the Spirit of God is at work in them revealing to them Christ-like character that is visible. The proof is in the fruit. I've been doing some things that are completely out of my character and human nature that I can only accredit to Jesus in me. I don't feel rejected and betrayed when everything in this world says I should. My culture says one thing but God's culture is above it all. I've talked to people who I thought I'd never talk to. I'm stepping into places I never in a million years thought I'd step into. And I feel peace when I really shouldn't. I really shouldn't. It isn't normal. It's God. Only God could do this!


Continual prayer has sustained me, I know. Talking to God when I wake, as I shower, in the car, between meals and classes, before bed, and during the night when I wake up and feel my spirit itching to be fed. Right now I'm battling for my best friend, praying that God's will be done in his life no matter what that looks like in God's eyes. In my eyes that picture should be so scary right now but any moment I begin to worry or he comes to my mind or I look up and see our bracelet I just pray. I don't want to block what God is doing so I pray for God's will to be done, for repentance and for a miracle. I can see that these months that I've spent specifically praying for him have been crucial because God is rearranging things not the way I wanted or would have planned but the way He knows is best. I'm thankful to have another friend who has gone through what I'm going through and is in prayer agreement with me and lifting me up and pouring out grace. I'm thankful for blessings in the middle of chaos and for love and forgiveness. My desire is to really reflect Jesus through this and while others abandon ship, I want to stand at the forefront. Even if someone doesn't know how to return love...just love like Jesus. I woke up reading The Word and the same part of a verse kept being confirmed during my morning. I'm taking a hold of it and battling through this. I encourage you today with Luke 18:1 that tells us that we should "always pray and not give up." Jesus said this. Don't give up! If an unbelieving cruel judge can be swayed by a persistent widow, will not our heavenly Father hear our prayers if Jesus made a way for us? He hears. Keep praying and let His picture be revealed in His timing. Don't lose heart. God bless and much love in Christ!






1 comment :

  1. ONE-SIDED DEBATE

    When debating the proposition of water baptism being essential for salvation; there is only one side found in the Scriptures. The Bible clearly teaches that water baptism is for the forgiveness of sins. There are no contradictory verses of Scripture to disprove that water baptism is essential to salvation.

    Mark 16:16 ....has been baptized shall be saved....

    There is no Scripture that states has been baptized shall not be saved.

    John 3:5 ....unless one is born of water...he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

    There are not any antithetical Scriptures that state men do not have to be born of water to enter the kingdom of God.

    Acts 2:38 ...and each of you be baptized......for the forgiveness of your sins...

    Search as you will, you cannot find one contradictory Scripture that says water baptism is not for the forgiveness of your sins.

    Romans 6:3-6 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?........6 know this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

    There is no verse of Scripture that say our body of sin was not done away through being baptized into Christ.

    Colossians 2:12-13 having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead . 13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircuncision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions.

    There is no opposing Scripture that says being buried with Him in baptism has nothing to do forgiveness of transgressions.

    Ephesians 5:25-27 ...just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

    There is not a verse in the Bible that says Jesus did not cleanse the church by the washing of water with the word.

    1 Peter 3:21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you......

    It is impossible to find the Scripture that states water baptism does not save you.


    The statements you will not find in the Bible.
    1. Baptism does not save.
    2. Baptism is not essential to be saved.
    3. Baptism is not for the forgiveness of sins.
    4. Baptism is only for men who are already saved.
    5. Baptism has absolutely nothing to do with salvation.

    Jesus never said any of these five things. No apostles ever uttered any of theses five things.

    THE FIVE STATEMENTS ARE ONLY FOUND IN CREED BOOKS, BIBLE COMMENTARIES AND OTHER WRITINGS OF MEN.


    IF YOU USE SCRIPTURE ALONE, WATER BAPTISM IS A ONE-SIDED DEBATE!


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. http:/steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...