Thursday, May 22, 2014

Love's War Stains

Through trials, through quiet waters, through our life's epics as well as our worst downfalls, God sees us through. His love has a way of making everything not only seem okay, because what we see with our natural eyes is often contradictory to what God has spoken, but yet He truly makes "it" okay. Whatever your "it" is, hang in there. These past few months I've received my fair share of wounds and blows but now...God's love healed them and left a scar. My eyes don't like scars. My soul hates them. But my Spirit laughs, rejoices, eagerly anticipates another battle. Those arrows that the enemy shoots at us hurt but if a wound provokes a touch from God then it not only served its purpose but it also did us a favor. An arrow straight through my heart pierced my flesh but awoke my spirit. What hurts the flesh can either kill us or wake us up. There was no turning back...I chose to wake up and keep moving.

"Why didn't God take away the scars? Because it was the most powerful story. Jesus didn't even cover up His scars. They were healed wounds. Our scars are a witness to the world. They are apart of our story. Healed wounds that are symbols that God has restored us." -Louie Giglio



No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...