Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Embracing The Unexpected

 

I haven't written anything in a long while but life has continued and I know it's the perfect time to return. I've missed this. The whole morning and hours to follow I could feel my Lord calling me to approach Him, to spend time with Him, to soak up His presence. Last night I grabbed a hold of my Bible, ran downstairs with Cody (our new puppy), found my pencil pouch that contains my highlighter and pen collection, and finally got to sit down on the living room couch. As I hugged my Bible tightly, I said a quick prayer (too excited and expectant I guess) and asked the Lord to speak whatever He wanted me to know. Without even thinking about it, the Holy Spirit brought to me one name: Joseph. I was like, huh? And again I felt it in my spirit. By then I was already flipping through pages and finding my way to the first chapter in the Book of Matthew. There I began to read about Joseph. 

This young man who loved God so much fell in love one day with a young God-fearing woman named Mary. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her so he asked for her hand in marriage and the pledge was made and they were happily married. Before they even got to come together as newlyweds, Joseph discovered that Mary was pregnant. I can only imagine the heart-ache, fear, and anger that was eating him alive. He loved Mary so much that He was even willing to divorce her secretly so that they both wouldn't have to suffer public humiliation and ultimately so that she would not be stoned to death. What Mary alledged was proposterous because it had never happened before...someone being impregnated by the Holy Spirit. Joseph's world was crumbling down and he thought Mary was crazy. Right when he was thinking about backing out he had a dream, a God moment, that changed everything. God's message to Joseph was to "not be afraid to take Mary home as [his] wife, because what [was] conceived in her [was] from the Holy Spirit." God was telling Joseph to not abort his God-given assignment because this blessing in disguise was going to change the world. 
God clearly spoke to me and said, Deya, do not be afraid to accept the challenge, this blessing in disguise, that I am giving you just because it doesn't look like what you envisioned. Because just like verse 22 reads: "all this (the public humiliation, doubt, and heart-ache) [is taking] place to fulfill what I the Lord [have] said." There have been things that we as God's children will have to face, challenging and hurtful, that are not meant to hurt us. These things are meant to give us a hope and a future. For me it's my relationship and my family but for you it might be something else. The love is there but times are tough and the enemy does not give the past any rest. Don't you dare give up (I am definitely preaching to myself here). What will come out of this hard thing is a blessing beyond measure. If you know God has spoken something to you and He has confirmed it then keep moving forward with your eyes fixed on Jesus, knowing that you are carrying something or someone that is near and dear to God. It's important. It won't always be easy and we might stumble but God is with us. God is with us!


(Psalm 73:26) 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...