Saturday, August 30, 2014

It Clicked...Consider Joy.

 (James 1:2-4) Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 


This is what the Lord has been teaching me for more than a week straight. You know that moment when suddenly everything just makes sense? When everything just clicks, the aha moment, light bulb turning on, revelation? You know what I'm talking about, right? I had my first one the day I laid by my bed and cried out for Jesus to show me that He was real and then He did...click. I was 15 then, and I've had my good share of click moments ever since. This one that happened to me a week an a-half-or-so ago is probably one of the most major though. It's changed me. God has changed my fear of the unknown, the frustration of what is out of my control, into joy. Not happiness that only lingers for a short time and comes and goes, but joy that penetrates the soul and no matter what doesn't want to go. It's one thing to talk about letting go and letting God, but when you have an encounter with the lord in this area (or any area) His grace makes what was impossible in our strength and ability possible in His strength and ability. Over these passed few days God has just seen fit to teach me this. I've prayed for answers and these days were a big part of His answer. It was simple really. He just told me to delight in Him, to enjoy His company and presence, while He took care of my future. Matthew 6:33 is complete truth: To seek His kingdom, will, and presence, will set our focus on Him while He takes care of all that has to do with us. I've known this before but being in a storm can cause you to freak out sometimes but thank God that His faithfulness is not dependent on ours. He is who He is because He simply is. We don't need to get it, we just need to love Him. That's the first step, to just love Him. When we love God...trust, joy, peace, and obedience follow. 

This is what's been going on in my life right now and if anyone needs this well here it goes: with all my love in Christ I pray that you just love God to the point where the unanswered questions fade away and the mysteries of life become a joy to you rather than a terrible burden. I pray God's joy over you today as you fall deeper and deeper in love with Him. Because the more we fall in love with God the easier it ease to be stoned or shipwrecked in life like Paul and still write something as poetic as 1 Corinthians 13. That came out of a man who had joy in the midst of the trials that every christian faces when following Jesus. I mean, hopefully you've never been stoned to death but it could happen and I've felt the hurt of words that hurt like stones like many of you have. Our lives are to bring God glory. I heard an amazing quote recently..."it's His glory that is at stake, not ours." Our lives are about Him. After all, is not Jesus' love, heart, blood, and life worth fighting for? In this pursuit of God's will for us and of Jesus we press forward and every step brings us closer to who God created us to be. The reason I love the whole aspect of the verse I shared above is because once we fall in love with Jesus to the point of knowing that turning back is not an option, we persevere and continue to run forward, and this pilgrimage refines us season by season with the intention of bringing forth maturity in Christ. Maturity in Christ looks like Christ, it looks exactly like Him: how He forgave, surrendered, endured, talked, believed, loved, and lived. Suffering is inevitable but consider God's supernatural joy. Consider joy.



6 comments :

  1. Amen! So true...beautiful post! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words came at a time when I needed them the most. God bless you and thank you. Look forward to more. Until then I will read your past posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darryle, thank you so much! I'm so glad and greatful that God used this post to speak into your life in a moment when you needed it most. That really means a lot to me. God bless!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...