Sunday, August 24, 2014

Nominated For The Liebster Award!


I want to give a shout out and huge thank you to Bethany Carson from Liberty or Death for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is the first time I do this and basically these awards are a fun way for bloggers to get to know nominated bloggers better through a series of questions.



Bethany"s Questions:

1.  If you could have an expenses-paid vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
This is really hard...I would love to either travel to beautiful Puerto Vallarta, Mexico because it's simply stunning or...Chiapas, Mexico to visit the beautiful land of cascades where my grandmother was born.
   

2.  What would you like to accomplish by the end of 2014?
I really don't know how to answer that...get engaged maybe lol...who knows?...well, God knows, right?

3.  If you had a million dollars, how would you use it?
This is literally the million dollar question. There's a ton of stuff I would do. I would, without a doubt, help my parents pay off our house and business, pay to build the church that my parents are praying for, I would buy all the instruments that we still have yet to buy, the equipment needed for a recording studio, pay for my masters degree in rehabilitation, help out my friends who are like family to me, and then...pray for God to show me what to do with the rest.

4.  What are your favorite foods?
I'm going to have to go with red Mexican enchiladas, caesar salad, 7-layer dip, cheesy oven-roasted tomatoes, and my Mom's tres leches cake.

5.  What are your favorite quotes and Bible verses?
I love this question! I have to many so here's a narrowed down version (it hurt to narrow down lol)
My favorite quotes are: 

“When we get a bigger boat from God we need to make sure our anchor grows too. We need to spend more time with God anchoring ourselves in the word.”
—Bill Johnson
“One encounter with God’s love, its all it takes. We are created to respond to His love.” —Kim Walker Smith

My Favorite Bible verses are:

(Isaiah 12:2) Surely the Lord is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation.

(Romans 12:1) And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

(John 4:24) For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”


6.  What is the best advice on life you can give in up to 3 sentences?
No matter what you face never doubt these two things: that God loves you and that He always walks right beside you. In every season learn to consult God first and hear His voice so that you won't be swayed by any other. Getting to know God every day is the best thing that could ever happen to you so don't be afraid to stand out because God created you to shine, to be different, by reflecting Him in everything you do.

7.  If you could live in any time period, which would you choose?
I know that I was born in a time such as this but if I could, take me back to the time when Jesus walked the earth please! 

8.  What is your dream car and your dream home?
Something along the lines of a Chevy Equinox with a sunroof would make me faint. When it comes to a house, I've dreamed about this for years: A one-story country house surrounded by large oak tress, with a rose garden, front porch, large yard, and filled with the love of the Lord.

9.  What languages can you speak?
English, Spanish, and tounges lol (my favorite church joke)

10.  Do you have a current occupation; if not, what would your dream job be?
I've only ever had one job at a Naturopathy clinic but as of now I am a full-time student in the University of Texas-Pan American, majoring in Rehabilitation with a concentration in Addictions Studies. I see myself as a counselor in the near future, helping teens and young adults with behavioral issues know the love of Jesus and the purpose that He has for their lives. God has my dream job already planned out though so that's a big relief.

11. What cause(s) are you most opinionated about?
What "worship" truly means to God 
God's supernatural manifestations today
How to truly help people who are going through addictions, abuse, or behavioral problems. Medication only numbs the problem that Jesus can cure.

12.  Is there any quality you think the Lord is growing in you right now (e.g., patience, love, trust)?
Oh yes...having joy in Him, delighting in Him, in the wating periods. He's teaching me what patience looks like to Him. Trust goes hand-in-hand with that. This season should be interesting! 


This is going to sound like the Ice-Bucket Challenge but...I Now nominate (optional):
Lizzie at For His Kingdom , Overflowing Music for Him , Lizzie Photography : Encouraging and bold-faith devotionals, the journey that is worship, and beautiful photography
Kendra Lee at Confessions of a Healed Heart: Inspiring posts about doing life with God
Mary Kate Hogan at 21st Century Girls: Inspiring godly ladies to live for God

Liebster Award rules: 1. List 11 facts about yourself (optional), 2. Answer the questions given you, 3. Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 followers (optional).  So can't wait to hear y'alls answers! My questions are:

1.) Who or what inspires you?
2.) What is your idea of a perfect day?
3.) What made you want to start blogging?
4.) What are some of your favorite books and movies?
5.) What is one of your biggest dreams?
6.) If you could make a playlist of your favorite songs what would they be?
7.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?
8.) If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
9.) If you could describe your favorite outfit, what would it be?
10.) What's your favorite Bible scripture or sriptures?
11.) If you were given the option to only do one thing every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
12.) What are some topics that you feel strongly about?

10 comments :

  1. Aww! Thank you so much for nominating me! I'm so honored that you would pass the award on to me :) so thank you very much! I will definitely try to find time this week to post mine on my blog! Thank you!!

    And your answers for question 10 and 11 are very interesting! I never knew you wanted to be a counselor! How wonderful! You would be such a good counselor in directing people to Jesus and His healing touch from addictions, behavioral issues or whatever it might be. That is so neat that that is your passion! I know will use you in powerful ways through that ministry. He has definitely gifted you with a beautiful way of explaining His love and truth. I know He will work through you in powerful ways wherever He leads you <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie :) I'm so happy and excited to read your answers soon, that's awesome! It was so obvious to me who I would nominate lol. And awww thank you so much for the support <3, at first counseling wasn't what I wanted to pursue, but over these three years God gave me a love and passion for it and has just shown me that he will merge both of my callings together. I truly take your word to heart, they mean so much and I receive them in Jesus name. Have a great day Lizzie!

      Delete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers Deyanira! No wonder I like your blog so much...sounds like you are one of those Holy Spirit filled Pentecostal-type people! There is nothing so wonderful as God's supernatural power, keeping us and changing us from glory to glory!

    The Kim Smith quote is awesome and your advice on life is very good.

    It sounds like you would put the million dollars to good use! The places you would visit sound beautiful and very interesting! It is neat to explore our roots, and so neat to see the lands of our progenitors. Here in Iowa, the Carson side of my family has a lot of history and I get to visit my great-great-great grandparents' graves. I think it would be interesting to go to Thailand someday to see the land where my forefathers on the other side of my family lived.

    Your choice of meals sounds delicious (except maybe a bit spicy for me!). May the Lord bless you in your job goal of helping others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for nominating me Bethany, truly had a blast answering your questions! And I'm really touched that you enjoy reading my blog :) Yes you totally hit the nail on the head, my biggest desire is to go to The Bethel School of Supernatural Worship in Redding, California one day. I really love seeing the Holy Spirit just undo, transform, and heal people. I really do love that Kim Walker quote because it's a simple truth that I think everyone who's encountered God can relate to...it's the best thing ever. Oh, and that's beyond cool that where you live is so enriched with your family's history, and Thailand!...that's amazing! I can imagine the pictures you could take, it looks like a beautiful land. And yes, spicy food is definitely apart of our culture lol...too much I would say. Salsa on everything. God bless you so much and thank you for your sweet and encouraging words! This was fun!

      Delete
  3. Good morning and congrats on being nominated for the Liebster Award! Puerto Vallarta would be an amazing place to visit for sure. I hope you get that master's in rehabilitation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I really appreciate it.Praying for those things for sure :)
      God bless and hope you have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. Heyy! Thanks for following me, I have really been enjoying reading your blog It's very refreshing! I'm so glad you found me, so I could find you haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Alyssia!! :) Likewise. definitely!

      Delete
  5. Hi Deya!
    Congrats on your nomination! I wanted to let you know how much I LOVE the saying above your header photo; never thought of my heart in that way and doing so is very meaningful to me!
    Loved reading your answers! They really blessed me and made me a bit hungry! LOL. My son-in-law is from Mexico, and when I was visiting them recently, his family made us the best (and I do mean the BEST) salsa I have ever had in my entire life! It was SO good I could see using it on everything--well almost everything:)
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aimee, it means a lot to me to know that something the Lord shared with me means something to someone else, truly does :)Thank you for saying that. And I am sooo sorry I made you hungry lol, I made myself hungry while I was writing that too. I can totally imagine how yummy your son-in-law's family's salsa must have been. We gotta hand it to em! Thanks again for commenting Aimee, God bless you so much!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...