Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The God Who Foreknew


I'm going to speak basically toward myself...if any of this helps anybody that's awesome. If it doesn't and you continue to read this anyway, well...God bless your heart. It's true what the Bible says about how pain will only last for the night because joy will surely come in the morning. Some nights may last days, others may last even more, and then some even less than that. If you want to read one of the saddest of nights right after Jesus...read about Paul. His life after being saved makes my heart literally hurt because I begin to imagine his pain and his struggle, all while remaining faithful to God. God created Saul but then sent Jesus to give birth to Paul. Saul was zealous for the religious cause that fought in God's name, but Paul was in love with Jesus who dared confront him with unstoppable love. God knew Paul because He created him and mapped out his life before it even came to be. God knew the fall Saul would face with the freedom he gave him from the beginning and planned for Jesus to meet him and transform him. Paul had no regrets for his new life because now it had true purpose. I've been really thinking about this, I mean really. Purpose. That's what makes every tear and all uncertainty worth it: the fact that Jesus gave us purpose. Knowing that every detail of our lives matters and isn't just because.

(Romans 8:28) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

If I know this scripture then why do I still react contrary to how I should? Usually I tent to worry. A lot actually. I plan out something and when things don't go according to plan I freak out. I feel like things are never going to get done. This whole week God's been showing me this about myself to the point where it's getting so uncomfortable. God's telling me that my worry and frustration has got to go because I'm just wasting time. If I worry then I'm saying to God that my plan was better and I don't trust His to be right for me. I have to remind myself that his timing is best. I get excited and then I get let down because my expectation is set on my way. There's only one way and that's God's way. I share this because being genuine matters to me and even though I can't share everything about myself I do wish to share what God is doing in my life. Our faults are real and they lie naked before God's eyes so we might as well let Him confront us with them in love. God allows me to be in situations where things change and I can honestly feel Him looking down on me and waiting to see how I'll react. I choose to let "it" go. 

(Romans 8:29) For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

God knows me and He knows you. The measure of how much our hearts can take before they burst is evident to Him and the one who is greater than our hearts never slumbers. This is simple but true: God will not allow us to walk through anything that we can't overcome without His help. Trust me, I've been though some heart-wrenching stuff yet my heart is still beating. It might feel like it's going to give out but my God won't let it because purpose is on the line here. There is a purpose for what we're going through today. Today's details are working for tomorrow. God planned it this way. He planned to bring us back, knowing that we couldn't live without our creator. We can't escape our true roots and those are heavenly not earthly. Addiction we can break, fears we can escape, and other bondage we can shake because Jesus paid. He paid to return to us our identity. God foreknew it...all of it. 

(Romans 8:30) And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

4 comments :

  1. Wow. I love this post so much. I relate to it very much. I tend to freak out too if things don't go how MY plans had it laid out. But it's so true! Why don't we just trust HIS plans?! When our plans change that should be a good thing because it means God is working His Will and purpose for OUR good.

    YES! God uses EVERYTHING for a purpose. It is my completely life story. God uses pain for a purpose. He has a purpose for every painful situation. He gives US purpose through the purpose in the pain.
    I love Isaiah 48:11-12. He refines us in the furnace of affliction to mold us and shape us. We will come out as gold in the light of His presence from the heat and the blows from His hammer. Pain for a purpose.

    The purpose He has for us and shows us is incredible. He's given us all purpose and through heartaches and through days of joy He reveals His purpose for us here <3 it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie!!! I love what you said about when our plans change that should be a good thing because it means God is working His will and purpose for our good. I'd never thought of it like that but it's so true!!! If it's not going my way, it's like thank God because that means it's going His way. Awesomeness! I really love that scripture, thank you for sharing. Is it ok with you if I post it on facebook today and say that my blogger friend shared it with me :)

      Delete
    2. I know! It IS a really cool way to view it. We gotta view our plans changing as little blessings from the Lord <3

      No, I wouldn't mind if you posted the verse on Facebook at all! I would be honored! ;) haha it's one of my favorite verses <3

      Delete
    3. Yay! For sure God is good :) Thanks for the encouraging words. God bless!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...