Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Power In Relationship


(2 Peter 1:3-4) His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
This morning I was feeling so down and my allergies were definitely not helping. But...the moment, the very moment, I said a prayer and opened up my Bible God's truth flooded my heart and renewed my thinking. King Solomon was right when he wrote that the end of a matter was better than it's beginning. You might start off pretty sucky or just plain terrible but how will you decide to end the matter? What the Holy Spirit spoke to me this morning was that He could care less about how I was feeling: He wanted to know what I planned to do about it. In order to mature in Christ's nature, that overcame this world, we are asked to believe God's promises that were born out of His glory that transforms us and His goodness that molds us. When His glory fills a room and encounters me I can never be the same, and likewise, when the simplicity of His goodness is revealed to me my heart has no where else to run except toward Him. The verses I'm sharing immediately shifted my focus and brought me into God's heart and way of thinking. According the the first portion of this verse, The more I pursue knowing Jesus and doing life with Him the more power I have to overcome the situation I'm facing. The truth of Jesus sets us free. There is power in relationship with Jesus and we need that. I don't know about you, but I want to turn those sucky days around and prove the enemy wrong. I want to be so much fuller of His truth each day that it overflows into every single nook and cranny of my life. 
(2 Peter 1:5-8) For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

 To believe what God has spoken is faith. So God is saying, you believe what I say which is awesome but I want more from you. There's always more to learn about God and because there's always more to learn, there's always more to give. You believe? Now reflect His goodness that makes Him who He is. And now that truth has filled you go ahead and experience Him and learn what He desires. And because the truth of Jesus has set you free now go ahead and start diciplining yourself and striking blows to your flesh so you can walk in the spirit. And now don't give up and keep moving forward and maturing. Oh and at this point, your showing Jesus to the point that others are taking notice...learn to live in peace with those around you and above all now show the love that Jesus showed you. Action. Doing these things will keep our relationship with Jesus living and breathing. Relationship changes everything. Truly getting to know someone bonds us and true loyalty and love are born. And where there is love there is a force to be reckoned with. After all, it is Christ's love that covered multitudes of sins and that still does. Because he did it, we can do it too.


3 comments :

  1. Amen! Good message; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deyanira! I have been having a struggle with anxiety lately and this post meant a lot to me when I first read it about a week ago.
    Have a blessed weekend:)
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your thoughts. You're so more than welcome to do so. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...